The Aylesbury Partnership
Bermondsey & Lansdowne Medical Mission
The Walworth Partnership
Princess Street Group Practice
Our four partnerships have been in discussion for some time about working together and we agreed late last year that we would explore a partnership merger. This proposal has been agreed by our commissioners NHS England (London) and NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group. We have already been working with our patients to keep them informed of the process since we started discussions, both through our local Patient Participation Groups, engagement event in February and updated newsletters/posters and website information. You can find more information about the merger on our practice websites or at the practice which include some frequently asked questions.
We will be merging into a new partnership and we are committed to retaining the successful model of general practice and the benefits it brings. We believe that a merger will deliver significant advantages and secure a sustainable future for our organisations. We believe that our registered patients and staff will benefit from:
- Our continued commitment to delivering high quality patient care.
- A larger team working together to maintain and improve the quality of care.
- More choice about where to access care from all our existing sites.
A wider range of services at one or more local sites.
- The shared skills and expertise of staff from all four practices.
- Development of an improved appointment system that will, over time, offer many ways to contact and access the service.
- Continuity of care has been prioritised – people can expect to go to the same surgery for their appointments and receive the same medical care they are used to.
- More co-ordinated care that draws on skills from all practices to develop teams to support people with long-term and complex conditions.
- Improved training and development opportunities for our staff across the new organisations.
- Reduction of duplication in administrative processes.
- Better use of IM&T at scale.
The new partnership will have a combined list size of over 60,000 patients, services will continue to be delivered from our existing eight sites and there will be no reduction in the services we currently provide.
We are keen to capture your views and ideas about what we should develop and the things you want to retain from our existing practices to implement over the next few years.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the following survey.